Ritual is a woman-owned (!) health-tech company founded on efficacy and transparency. They offer multivitamins for men and women, as well as prenatal and postnatal vitamins.
Truthfully, I’ve never been good at taking my multivitamins — but after I turned 30, I felt like I really needed to step up my health game. I’ve been taking my Ritual Multivitamin everyday for 2 months now. I like that they are small and easy to swallow, have a fresh minty taste, and have all the nutrients I need, like Omega-3s and Iron. I also love that they are a subscription service. Call me crazy, but if I never had to frantically stock up on toilet paper, toothpaste or vitamins again, I’d be a happy gal. I’m slowly weeding out all the unnecessary errands in my life, more time for thrifting ya know!?
One of the coolest things about Ritual is how much emphasis they put on traceable ingredients — they share their supplier for every single labeled ingredient, and you can read in-depth information about the facility and the ingredient itself. Read more about their commitment to traceability here. For example, I learned that their Omega-3 DHA comes from sustainably harvested microalgae from Canada.
The Women’s Multivitamin 18+ has 9 key ingredients, all of which are meticulously traced (no mysteries or surprises here). The efficacy of Ritual’s nutrients are also verified by industry-leading third parties — so you don’t just have to take their word for it! Read more about Ritual’s verifications here.
Ritual’s belief in responsible production goes beyond the ingredients in their multivitamins. Sustainability is a big deal to Ritual. Their plastic bottles and caps are made from recycled PET, and their mailers are also recycled material (and printed with plant-based ink!). More on their sustainability initiatives here.
To sum things up, here’s a short list of my pros/cons of Ritual’s Essential for Women 18+ Multivitamin.
- Fresh minty flavor
- Small and easy to swallow
- Gentle on the stomach (can take with or without food)
- USP verified. Read more about this verification here
- Subscription! No more last minute Target runs
- Vegan friendly & Gluten Free (not necessarily a pro for everyone, but if you’re looking for a vegan and/or gluten free multivitamin, this is a pro for you)
- Pretty! This one sounds silly, but honestly, it’s easier to remember to take your vitamins when they’re nice to look at
- Bottle is plastic (but remember, it’s made of recycled materials!)
- More expensive than generic brands. $30/jar = 1 month of vitamins. But if their nutrients were purchased separately, it would be more expensive.
- Only available in the USA (right now).
Side note: I just saw that they recently launched a plant-based (+ no added sugar) protein powder which is very intriguing. Let me know if you’ve tried it!
This blog post is in partnership with Ritual, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my sponsored posts!