I Finally Found It
The older I get, the more concerned I am with quality over quantity. Or quality over price. Nowadays I get more satisfaction from buying the best version of something, rather than finding the least expensive version. I am constantly comparing potential purchases, and googling customer reviews. So when it came time to buy a laptop bag, y’all know I did my due diligence.
Surprisingly, I haven’t owned a laptop in years. Graphic designers are often running rather heavy programs, so desktops usually make more sense. But now that I’ve added a Macbook Air to my Apple family, I needed a proper way to transport it.
I had some pretty specific requirements:
- Hands Free: A backpack seemed to make the most sense in order keep my hands free (for texting, hailing cabs, or giving high-fives).
- Lightweight: I walk about 3 miles a day on my commute, plus standing and stair climbing on the subway. Add my purse, gymbag, lunch, and laptop, and I’m suddenly lugging around 20 pounds. This baby needed to be light.
- Structured: I wanted something that would actually add some real protection.
- Streamlined: Bags with embellishments, dangly zipper pulls, and a hundred pockets need not apply. I also wanted something slim—mark my words, I’ll never be “that guy” on the subway bonking people with my bulky backpack.
- Professional: Whenever I’ve worn a backpack in the past, I’ve always felt like a college kid. Maybe because I was actually in college the last time I wore a backpack… Either way, I wanted a bag that made me look and feel like the boss lady I aim to be.
After much research and deliberation, I landed on the beauty below. What do you think, guys? Do I still look like a #girlboss?
Shop My Other Fave Laptop Backpacks